If you want to offer your application on the Apple App Store, keep in mind that your application needs to be approved by the Apple MFi program before you submit it to the Apple App Store, and that Socket Mobile needs to submit the MFi request for your app.
If you try to submit your application to Apple App Store without MFi approval, it will be rejected!
Follow these steps to get your app approved by MFi and posted on the App Store:
- When your application is ready, send the following information to email@example.com:
- App Name as it will appear in the Apple App Store
- App Version as it will appear in the store
- App Bundle ID
- Any protocol strings you are using other than com.socketmobile.chs
- Functional description of the application
- Your Socket Mobile Developer ID
- Socket Mobile submits your app to the Apple MFi program.
- Socket Mobile will notify you when your app is MFi approved. Approval may take anwhere from 1 day to 3 weeks. So far, the Apple MFi program has approved every application we've submitted!
- Submit your app to Apple App Store with Socket Mobile's Product Plan ID (PPID) numbers in the Review Notes section of your app:
- 102806-0002 (for the CHS 7Xi and 7XiRx)
- 102806-0003 (for the CHS 7Ci, 7Di and 7XiRx)
We look forward to seeing your apps! If you have any questions, feel free to reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This month, we updated SocketScan 10 SDK for iOS. Registered developers can download the latest version from our Developer Portal.
- Not in our Developer Program? Join today to download SDKs and get exclusive discounts! ($19.95/year)
- View a selected listing of SocketScan 10 SDK enabled apps currently on Apple App Store. Let us know if you'd like to be added to the list!