Back in 1997, Socket Mobile co-invented the CompactFlash (CF) I/O standard. Fast forward to 2012, and the CompactFlash I/O slot is one of the key competitive advantages of our SoMo handheld computer versus other mobile devices on the market.
Many of you may be familiar with Socket Mobile's various CF devices that can be used with the SoMo, but did you know about the plethora of 3rd party CF options that have also been successfully deployed with our handheld computer?
Just as a refresher, here is a list of CF options from Socket Mobile:
- CF Mag Stripe Reader Card Series 4 - credit card swipe
- CF Scan Card Series 5 - 1D & 2D barcode scanners
- CF RFID Reader Series 6 - HF RFID reader
- Rugged CF 10/100 Card - adds an Ethernet port
Third-party CF devices have been deployed with the SoMo in diverse verticals, including healthcare, hospitality, forestry, public health research, and more. (Note: Not all of the devices listed below have been tested by Socket Mobile.)
- GlobalSat: BC-337 GPS receiver
- ARANZ Medical: SilhouetteMobile 3D wound imaging and documentation device
- Dytrex: Endire Pro blood glucose monitor
- Hewi: eLOCK electronic locking system (see page 80)
- Pro Active: SpringCard contact and contactless RFID readers/writers
- UIC: UIC683 contactless payment
- GAO: LF RFID reader
- Skoot: contactless payment
- Smart-Reg: Smart-Alec name badge reader (see page 36)
- Scirocco: R60 IR Reader "Libeccio"
- iDTRONIC: Smart RFID
- Kenetics: Volare UHF CF2
- BrightCard: CF Reader UHF
- Quatech: SocketSerial RS-232 serial I/O cards